70% of young athletes quit organized sports by the age of 12
There is a growing danger in youth sports today.
Young athletes are being taught to focus on short-term, winning results; rather than on skill development which sets the critical foundation for long-term involvement, enjoyment, and success in their sport of choice.
This misguided focus on winning results, results due in large part to factors ultimately out of a young athlete’s control...
- sets athletes up for failure
- dulls interest and passion
- instills a fear of making mistakes
- squashes individual freedom, risk-taking, and creativity
- leads to decreased performance due to tension and anxiety
- drives kids away from organized sport, robing them of the benefits of athletic participation
All of this is making the GAMES no longer fun for the PLAYers.
We are here to help address this issue through the implementation of Skill Tags®.